A sister is a little bit of childhood that can never be lost. ~Marion C. Garretty

A sister is a little bit of childhood that can never be lost.
~Marion C. Garretty

Wednesday, May 5, 2010

some thoughts...

ok, a couple of random thoughts I was thinking today since I haven't blogged in forever, and don't feel like playing catch-up with life right now and pictures:
  1. Swiffer wet jets-good idea in theory, great if you don't mind getting down on the floor and scrubbing with a clorox wipe first, best used in between moppings for floors not so dirty, not your best bet as primary mop.
  2. Aldi-LOVE LOVE LOVE!!!! Finally have gotten the chance to go here a couple times and look at products and prices and such. I love the feeling of joyful surprise and shock when I get through the check out and it is about 20-30 dollars cheaper than I expected to pay. It is totally worth it to do as much shopping as you can here! This week I went and got 4 gallons of milk, a 3 pound bag of frozen tilapia filets, ground turkey, summer squash, apples, a half gallon of chocolate milk, two cans of soup, 6 pounds of bananas, two boxes (name brand) pop tarts, 3 avocados, two 4pks of applesauce, two bags of salad mix, two bags of shell pasta, two boxes of fiber granola bars, roma tomatoes, cottage cheese, kiwi, and eggs. I expected to pay over 50 and probably over 60. The final price: $40.31. Love it!
  3. Mom's get the short end of the stick when they get sick. I am currently recovering from strep throat and have not been able to get any extra rest. No matter what happens to me, unless I am hospitalized, I still have to take care of the kids and the house. Boo...as a result, the dishes are piled up and the laundry is starting to pile up a bit. I was staying caught up on it. So now I play catch up, finish my antibiotics and pray that my inability to get any extra rest to aid my body in recovery will not cause me further harm.
I think that is it for now.

No comments: