A sister is a little bit of childhood that can never be lost. ~Marion C. Garretty

A sister is a little bit of childhood that can never be lost.
~Marion C. Garretty

Thursday, November 10, 2011

Confession...

Confession: I am terrified of playdates!!!

Don't get me wrong, my kids have playdates and I love them and they love them...I am terrified of the playdates with kids that I don't know.  One of MK's friends from school wants to have playdates.  Her mom sent her phone number home with MK and I now have given her mine.  I don't have a problem having the girls here.  I am TERRIFIED of sending my baby over to someone else' house that I don't know...I don't know the mom or the dad or anything about them.  how are you supposed to handle this as a mom?  I really don't know how to work this...I don't want to offend them, but I want to look out for my daughter.  Suggestions?  Please...

2 comments:

Hope said...

I thought "playdate" meant getting your kids together to play while you're there hangin' out with the mom. Did this lady make it clear that she wants MK over alone, without you, to play with her kid? I think it would be completely fine to say you'd love to come over with her for a playdate and get to know her (the mom) first.

Erin said...

I am not sure really...I know playdates at the preschool age have meant me there too and there wasn't anything specific that I not be there, but from what I have heard, elementary playdates can be both with or without parents. I am definitely going to have to work that out to get to know the mom and the family better.