A sister is a little bit of childhood that can never be lost. ~Marion C. Garretty

A sister is a little bit of childhood that can never be lost.
~Marion C. Garretty

Thursday, November 17, 2011

Thanksgiving Menu...

Have you guys started your Thanksgiving Menu yet?  Are you hosting or are you guesting (is that a word?)?  I sat down and made my menu earlier this week and I already got my turkeys!  That's right, plural...I am making two turkeys, or rather turkey two ways!  I will be making a traditional turkey with stuffing and I will also be making a bacon wrapped turkey breast!  Yes, I said BACON....WRAPPED...TURKEY!!! 

Check out that hand woven Bacon Lattice!  Mike was drooling!
This was last years turkey.



I made this last year and it was a HUGE hit!  I actually have a friend who had it and he said that no matter where I live or when it is, if I ever make it again, he will be there!  Yes, he is coming too!  Here is the rest of the menu starting with breakfast:

Breakfast:
Homemade Caramel Pecan Rolls


Lunch:
An Array of appetizers including:
Veggie tray and dip
Fruit tray with pumpkin dip
Sweet and sour meatballs
Cheese and crackers
Maybe some mini quiches

Dinner:
Mixed greens salad with pears and feta and a balsamic vinagerette
Turkey two ways :)
Stuffing (turkey sausage and vegetarian)
Green Bean casserole (homemade...ie: not canned soup)
Bacon wrapped asparagus (special request of Mary Kate, and really...when your daughter requests asparagus, you just can't say no!)
Twice Baked Sweet Potatoes
Gravy (both turkey and vegetarian)
Whole wheat rolls

Dessert:
Easy Apple Pie
Pumpkin Pie (with fresh pumpkin!)
Pecan Pie

I am so excited!  I think if you love cooking like I do, Thanksgiving is like the super bowl!!!  What is on your menu?  Do you keep it super traditional? Or do you experiment with different flavors and recipes?  I like to experiment with different Thanksgiving recipes, but my family is more purist/traditional when it comes to Thanksgiving.  And since they humored me last time I hosted Thanksgiving, I figured I would keep it MORE traditional.  I think it is going to be DEEE-LICIOUS!   I will post pics from our big day next week, but for now, keep dreaming about my awesome menu and share your menu plans!!!


No comments: