A sister is a little bit of childhood that can never be lost. ~Marion C. Garretty

A sister is a little bit of childhood that can never be lost.
~Marion C. Garretty

Saturday, November 19, 2011

Chronological Order

Have you ever read through the Bible?  The whole thing?  I am a little embarrassed to say that I am almost 29 and have never read it cover to cover.  Last January I decided to do it this year.  While I have eased up a little on my timeline, I am on track to finish it still , just in 13.5 months instead of 12.  I have always let myself get caught up in the timeline and if I got behind I would give up.  I decided this time that it would be better to finish it in a little over a year, than to stop because I got behind.  It was a good decision.  There have been parts of the Bible where I have been ahead, and parts where I have been behind, but It is happening!  I decided to do a chronological reading of the Bible...I have loved it!  At times it has been a little hard to get through, but It has giving me such a different perspective on the Bible.  I just had a major milestone, I finished the Old Testament.  I am now officially 74.8% of the way through the Bible.  If you have never read through the Bible, I really encourage you to do it.  I consider myself pretty knowledgeable when it comes to the Bible, but I have learned so much.  There are so many passages that we just never get to, or that we never read in context and add in the historical/chronological aspect that puts it all in perspective as far as the historical big picture...I have grown so much in my Bible knowledge this year.  More importantly I have grown leaps and bounds in my Christian walk!  I have been using YouVersion which is great because it gives you what to read each day and it has a phone app which has made it easy for me to read anywhere and everywhere.  Find a way to read that makes it easy for you and do it, I promise you won't regret it. 

No comments: