A sister is a little bit of childhood that can never be lost. ~Marion C. Garretty

A sister is a little bit of childhood that can never be lost.
~Marion C. Garretty

Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Bribery...We are not above it!

As the days are getting shorter and the weather is getting cooler and the newness of the school year has set in and of course the onset of cold season, it has become increasingly harder to get MK out of bed in the morning for school.  She is so sluggish!  More and more I am having to pick her up and carry her out to the living room...God is so good to give me an opportunity to do some weight lifting in my busy schedule...I am dead-lifting 50 lbs every morning!  Then once she gets to the living room it takes her a good 20 minutes to wake up and get dressed.  Then breakfast is a whole other issue...deciding what she wants, slowly slowly nibbling away at her cereal.  And don't even get me started on shoes...The girl will have a melt down in the front hallway because she can't decide which ones to wear.  I worry about the teen years!  This is not EVERY morning, however it is at least once or twice a week that it is this bad.  Other mornings she is slow, but not full on meltdown slowpoke mode.  I finally found a motivator...Bribe, if you will...to avoid all of this!  On mornings when I can tell it is going to be rough, all I have to do is lean down and whisper in her ear: "if you get dressed quick and are ready to go in XX minutes then we will stop and get a donut on the way to school!"  IT WORKS EVERY TIME!!!  I try not to use it more than once a week, but man I never see her move that fast!  Decisive, quick...It is like magic! 

In other news, I think we have all finally adjusted to the time change.  I remember loving it when I was a kid, but man, I am not as young as I once was.  I just don't adjust as quickly.  Also, the girls have fallen in love with a new yogurt.  Chobani started making a kids greek yogurt.  The girls LOVE it, and I love that they get a little more protien, esp Bria since it is so hard to get her to eat anything with protein.  The best part of this is that Sams Club already started selling it which makes it more palatable for the budget.  Look for it, Chobani Champions!

http://chobanichampions.com/























No comments: