A sister is a little bit of childhood that can never be lost. ~Marion C. Garretty

A sister is a little bit of childhood that can never be lost.
~Marion C. Garretty

Friday, March 12, 2010

So much has happened...

I have been MIA from this blog for a while. Life has been crazy this year and I think it is calming down enough for me to catch up a little bit. Let me catch you all up a bit:

JANUARY-
  • We got back from Massachusetts and jumped right back into the semester and my job at Travis Avenue. I also started watching two more kids on a temporary basis.
  • Brianna took off with walking and started tearing the house apart.
  • My parents moved here from Kentucky for my dad to start working on his D.Min. at SWBTS.
FEBRUARY-
  • I started working on my updo portfolio which is almost done now. All the hair is done, just waiting on the rest of the pics so I can drop them into the book and get going.
  • We had two consecutive snow days as we recieved the most snow ever to fall at once in fort worth, 12 inches. It was the BEST kind of snow too. Nice and heavy and easy to make huge snowmen. We made a 7 1/2 foot tall snow bunny!!! It was great...people from the neighborhood were coming by and taking their picture with it!
  • My sister Shonda came up three weekends out of four.
  • My grandparents from Minnesota came to visit for a week.
  • Kim and Cameron came up Valentine's weekend for a big family lunch and birthday celebration for all of the jan/feb birthdays
  • Valentine's Date night double date with Shonda and Mark...Believe it or not, this was the first time we had been out just the four of us on a double date without kids. After 3 years, its about time!
  • I started leading the women from our small group in an in depth study of the book of Ephesians while the men do a study with our pastor.
  • We entered Mary Kate's name into two lotteries for charter schools here in Fort Worth for next year
  • I stopped watching the two kids from January due to stress and behavior issues with the children.
MARCH (so far)-
  • We found out Mary Kate has a spot at Chapel Hill Academy Charter School in Fort Worth and will be starting Kindergarten in the fall there. She is very excited as some of our neighbors go there and one of them is also in kindergarten. I don't know if I am ready for this...
  • Mike will be going with my dad next week to get the rest of their stuff that wouldn't fit on the truck when they moved. He will be gone monday and tuesday. We will be hanging here by ourselves.
  • My Aunt had brain surgery to remove a tumor and massive lesions in the left frontal lobe of her brain. She is doing fine and has been released to go home. My mom is out in Cali right now helping her out as she has two small children at home.
  • I have reached a major goal with my weight loss. I have lost to date 32 pounds in four months and am now under 200 pounds for the first time in a long time. Probably 6 years. It is very exciting for me. And a huge milestone to even admit as I am embarrassed that I ever let myself get that bad. But, those days are gone. This is a new lifestyle for me. NEVER AGAIN!!!

I have been doing a lot of hair lately and I am going to be taking my portfolio by a bridal shop soon. I have a connection to them and I think she will recommend me and let me put a portfolio down there to advertise my work. My end goal is to build up successful updo business that can supplement our income, but can also bring me some fun and enjoyment as I LOVE to do updos! This summer we are heading back to Massachusetts for a great friend's wedding. His wedding is actually in Vermont, on Lake Champlain in Burlington. It will be fun. Mike is the best man and MK is the flower girl. I can't wait. I am hoping to have lost another 20 pounds by then. We will see! Ok...that is probably information overload, so I will leave it at that for now.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Congrats on the 32 pounds!! That is so exciting, you look great.
I didn't realize your parents had moved near by, that must be so nice.
Sounds like things are full in the best of ways. Enjoy :)

Dom and Trey said...

You are losing it! Losing Weight! You look so good. Also I'm glad to hear about all the activity going on in your life. Busy Bee.