A sister is a little bit of childhood that can never be lost. ~Marion C. Garretty

A sister is a little bit of childhood that can never be lost.
~Marion C. Garretty

Friday, January 9, 2009

Life with two!


So, I have decided that I am actually going to write in this thing now this new year. Now that I have two kids, I have even more of a desire for an outlet. So yeah, my second daughter was born on Dec. 6th, 2008. She is beautiful and happy and healthy. We spent the holidays with my parents in Kentucky which was interesting since driving 760 miles each way with a 3 year old and 2 week old is not exactly as easy as it may seem. They actually did surprisingly well and the trip was great. It is nice to be home now and settling into a routine with two kids. I have noticed that it has become increasingly hard this week to balance taking care of both kids, cleaning the house, doing the laundry, keeping up with the dishes, giving my older daughter the extra attention she needs so as not to act out, exclusively breastfeeding my baby girl, doing hair out of my home, and finding ANY time for me to do anything for myself. I was excited yesterday as I was able to work in a shower. 5 years ago I never would have thought that I would get so excited about a shower. My email has been piling up and facebook has been slightly neglected this week. I am getting there though. Here I am writing this. I am adjusting and getting used to utilizing every moment I have for anything that needs to be done. Even as I write, Bria is waking up and I am going to have to go. This weekend will be nice however, as Mike and Nancy (Mike's parents) are coming down to visit and will provide some much needed help, particularly in the area of giving the girls attention!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

yea :) I love blogs

Anonymous said...

I didn't know you were a blogger...I'm gonna have to keep up with you (in that non-stalkerish kind of way)!