A sister is a little bit of childhood that can never be lost. ~Marion C. Garretty

A sister is a little bit of childhood that can never be lost.
~Marion C. Garretty

Thursday, January 15, 2009

Poor Baby

My baby is sick. I feel a little like a first time mom. I have never had a baby get sick this young before. She is only 5 weeks old and there is nothing that I can give her. She is so congested and the only thing I can do for her is saline drops and bulb suctioning. Both of which she HATES with a passion! I mean she gets mad. She got so mad at me last night that she wouldn't even nurse. Needless to say we had a long night last night. Mike was generous enough to allow me to go to bed around 2:30AM. He stayed up with her and she finally fell asleep around 4:30 or 5AM. She has been doing pretty good usually about sleeping. She will sleep for 6 hours or so. Sometimes more, sometimes less. Well last night she slept for 3 hours and was up to nurse and then another 3 hours and so on. I am hoping tonight will get better as both Mike and I are exhausted! Mary Kate on the other hand had an amazing day today as far as behavior is concerned. She has been acting out a little lately. Mostly due to Brianna, but also because we haven't had a consistent weekly routine since the beginning of December. Brianna was born, then Mike's work schedule changed for a week, then we had all the holidays and we were gone visiting family, then Mike's work schedule was different again and now he is starting class tomorrow for the semester. So hopefully next week we will be back on a good schedule. But regardless, she has been pushing the boundaries and testing what she can get away with for a couple of weeks. Today she did so good. She listened and obeyed and was so sweet today. She even took a nap, which she has been rebelling against. I was so proud of her. It was nice tonight, after reading her bedtime stories I got to have about 5-10 minutes of cuddle time with just me and her while I sang her her bedtime songs and said prayers with her. I was so happy that Brianna was sleeping and cooperated so that I could have that special time with Mary Kate. It makes me sad that I don't really get that as much anymore. Especially since I am nursing Brianna exclusively. When we divi up kids there really isn't much discussion as to which kid I get usually. Anyways, tonight was my random babbling. I am sorry if it wasn't to interesting or if it was repetative.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You should try the evaporator...it might work a little. I have one you can borrow if you want to try it!