A sister is a little bit of childhood that can never be lost. ~Marion C. Garretty

A sister is a little bit of childhood that can never be lost.
~Marion C. Garretty

Saturday, November 14, 2009

Thanksgiving Dinner

We are very excited for Thanksgiving this year because unlike last year, I am not 39 weeks pregnant, and unlike the year before, we will not be all alone. My parents are coming down for the week of Thanksgiving and my sisters will be here as well. It will be nice to all be together. Since Mike and I are working hard at eating right, I decided to to a Non-Traditional Traditional Thanksgiving Dinner. I am going to make Traditional Thanksgiving flavors in Non-Traditional (and Healthier) ways. So, I thought I would share my menu with you:

Herb Rubbed Turkey with Roasted Garlic Gravy
Acorn Squash with Wild Mushroom and Cranberry Stuffing
Roasted Green and White Asparagus
Cauliflower Puree
Mixed Greens Salad with Pecans and Craisins
Sweet Potato Rolls

I linked them all so you could check them out yourself. They sound DELICIOUS!!! We aren't making as many dishes, but they will be good...and who really needs 4 variations off potatoes anyways. Happy planning on all of your Thanksgiving dishes and love to hear your ideas as well!

1 comment:

Dom and Trey said...

I want to eat with your family. There is no way, Trey would ever agree to that menu, but I'm all for it. Wow, Thanksgiving is right around the corner. You're probably the only person I know who has their menu together. Amazing.