A sister is a little bit of childhood that can never be lost. ~Marion C. Garretty

A sister is a little bit of childhood that can never be lost.
~Marion C. Garretty

Thursday, November 19, 2009

Yummy!

Tomorrow we have our Thanksgiving Feast at Travis Ave Christian Early Learning Center. My two year olds are dressing up as Indians and the 3 and 4 year olds are dressing up as pilgrims. Mary Kate is so excited! I am too. All of the parents are coming and then everyone is bringing food. So, tonight I finished up some crafts that my classroom made that I needed to assemble. Then, I made my dish for the Feast. I decided to take advantage of this opportunity to do a practice run of one of the new Thanksgiving dishes. So, I made the Cauliflower Puree. It smelled sooooo good. I can't wait. The recipe I have is for just one serving, so I had to multiply it alot and as a result there was a little too much liquid, but it is not so much that it ruins it. I tried a bite and It was so yummy. If you look at the recipe I made some changes that I am happy with...First, I used roasted garlic instead of raw garlic; Second, I used vegetable broth instead of Chicken broth (I think the veggie broth has A LOT more flavor!); and third, I left out the cream in order to make it healthier. All in all, I think it is great and I am excited to make it for my family! On another note, I am doing great with eating healthier. I have lost 10 pounds now. 10 Lbs!!! In a week and a half! I am really excited. Not just about the weight loss, but also because I really am developing a completely new outlook on food and eating. I find myself mindlessly gravitating to healthy foods, being not only satisfied, but full on only a little over half the calories I once ate in a day, and overall uninterested in greasy foods, fast foods, and generally unhealthy foods. I don't miss them. At all! I appreciate all the prayers and support! Keep it up, I know it is helping.

No comments: