A sister is a little bit of childhood that can never be lost. ~Marion C. Garretty

A sister is a little bit of childhood that can never be lost.
~Marion C. Garretty

Sunday, May 8, 2011

Mothers Day Gifts!

My two favorite Mother's Day gifts of all time:
Seriously love those two crazy girls...my life would be so boring without them!  Mary Kate is so into Mother's Day.  It is super cute!  She made me a Mother's Day Breakfast in Bed Bag at school containing two cards, a green tea bag, and a fiber one bar.  That was brought in to me at just barely a minute after 7am this morning.  I was told I was not to open it myself so as not to lift a finger on Mothers Day.  Then at 8, I was re-awoken (is that a word?) by both girls and given my gifts:  Gardening Gloves, a purple spray nozzle for the hose, and a scale.  It wasnt until later on after church that I realized that it was a digital FOOD scale, which I had been wanting.  I was a little confused for most of the morning though.  NOTE TO KIDS AND HUSBANDS:  THE ONLY ACCEPTABLE SCALE TO GET A WOMAN FOR MOTHERS DAY OR ANY OTHER HOLIDAY FOR THAT MATTER IS A FOOD SCALE!  I really had been wanting one though and I am so so so excited!  Oh yes, and when I finally was ready for breakfast, I called for MK and she ran in and opened my Fiber one bar for me!  I am so blessed!  Really.  The other highlights of my day were lunch and dinner.  I got to share lunch with one of my best friends (and the fam of course) at Fuzzy's Taco Shop (fish tacos, YUM).  She is so special to me and my kids and her and her husband have trying to have a baby for 8 years.  She is pregnant now and just entered her 2nd trimester on her first mothers day!  God is so Good!  That right there pushed this mothers day over the top!  We love you Rena!  Dinner was lovingly cooked by my dear husband.  It was delicious and sweet to watch him try so hard to make the perfect spaghetti sauce...from scratch!  He's a keeper!  How was your mothers day? 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

God is good, I love you too!