A sister is a little bit of childhood that can never be lost. ~Marion C. Garretty

A sister is a little bit of childhood that can never be lost.
~Marion C. Garretty

Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Its been a while...and some things i love!

Sorry...I go through posting stages.  Just went through a dry spell...or maybe a busy spell or maybe a lazy spell...I don't know but I am back for a while and wanted to leave you with a few things that I am recently in love with...ok obsessed with! 

1.  An app for my phone:  myfitnesspal...I love love LOVE it!  I used to use SparkPeople and it was fine, but myfitnesspal...wow...everything I could want in a calorie counter/ food diary/fitness tracker...I can even enter recipes and get the calories and put that into the food diary.  My favorite part of the app is the barcode scanner.  That's right I said barcode scanner...if I need to enter a food into my food diary all I have to do is scan it and press enter!  No searching through a databases for foods...I am in LOVE...anything that makes my life and my daily schedule easier...I am a fan!

2.  Pouches!  Ingenious!  I started getting these happy tot organic fruit/veggie blends for B for her school lunches as an easy way to send a veggie since that is all she wants to eat.  she loves them!  They are so easy to grab and go.  Then I started seeing applesauce ones by other companies: materno makes one that walmart sells, nature made (I think) makes one at target,  and the other night I saw one by sole at walmart.  I have started getting these as quick and easy snacks.  The thing that I love the most about these...how simple the ingredients are: apples, apple juice, ascorbic acid usually.  No added sugar or corn syrup.  LOVE LOVE LOVE! 

3.  My little garden...I am always behind on gardening,   I started the herbs and tomatoes in pots, but I need to get it in the ground.  That being said, I love my little sprouts popping up...I have basil, cilantro, parsley, and tomatoes so far.  Yum!  Mouth already watering for some tomato and basil!   Plans are to plant bell peppers, squash, carrots, onions, garlic, and some other goodies very soon!

4.  chia seeds!  My good friend Dominique introduced me to them and I love them!  Great on salad! 

5.  Love that Bria is 100% potty trained!  Amen and Amen!

What do you love? 

1 comment:

Dom and Trey said...

I'm glad to see you are back! I love to sprinkle those chia seed on salads. I'm so glad you like them too. Chey only likes them if I let her shake them on her food or if she can't see them on her food.

We'll have to try more of those veggie packs, we've only tried the applesauce variety.

Double yay for Bria being potty trained. Bye-Bye, diapers.

-dom