A sister is a little bit of childhood that can never be lost. ~Marion C. Garretty

A sister is a little bit of childhood that can never be lost.
~Marion C. Garretty

Thursday, July 16, 2009

A look at the past: July 16, 2005

4 Years ago today I almost put a rock through my downstairs neighbor's car window. I was 37 wks and 5 days pregnant with a my first baby. At the time we didn't know if it was a boy or a girl. It was a Saturday and my mom had flown in from Kentucky two days earlier because I had been having some contractions. We though our baby might come earlier than our Aug. 1st due date. Anyways, Mom was here, Mike was working, It was HOT (well...for Massachusetts), and we decided we would walk the baby out. We got up that morning and went to the mall, and Babies R Us, and BJ's (similar to Sams or Costco-but better). We were out for several hours. I think we had lunch out as well. Anyways, we pulled up to the house around 4 in the afternoon with a car full of groceries and shopping bags. As I pulled up I realized that I couldn't get my car in my half of the driveway. The half that was reserved for my car, paid for by our rent. The reason I couldn't get my car in the driveway was because our downstairs neighbor had some friends over and let them park in her side of the driveway. Well, the one next to my spot decided to park diagonal across both spots. I SAW RED!!! I knocked on her door but no answer. I am not normally this easily enraged, but I was done being pregnant and I was hot and tired and I was mad! I quickly called the landlord and informed him that he needed to have his first floor tennant move her friend's car. During this time, Mike came downstairs to help unload the groceries. When he got downstairs, I was moving the rocks that outlined the edge of the gravel driveway and separated it from the yard. These were not little rocks folks. These were 10 lb. watermelon sized rocks. And remember, I am hugely pregnant! I was so mad that I was picking them up to put a line down the middle of the driveway. I decided to throw a few. Now, I remember this slightly more innocently than Mike does, but according to him he had to restrain me from throwing it through her car window. I don't think I was ever that close to doing it. I remember the thought crossing my mind and I was holding a rock at the time, but I also remember that I wasn't actually going to do it. In the end, her friend moved their car and all was well. I didn't go into labor that night. I stayed pregnant a bit longer.

No comments: