A sister is a little bit of childhood that can never be lost. ~Marion C. Garretty

A sister is a little bit of childhood that can never be lost.
~Marion C. Garretty

Sunday, July 19, 2009

A look at the past: July 18, 2005

4 years ago today I was waking up from an unexpectedly peaceful nights' sleep. I had been having contractions the night before and thought for sure I would be having the baby soon. Alas, I was still pregnant and all quiet on the labor front. Since I had called my midwife the night before to let her know we might be in labor, she called the next morning and wanted me to come in and get checked out. Begrudgingly I went. When I got there the midwife checked me and proceeded to tell me to relax and be patient, afterall my due date was still 2 weeks away and I was not dialated at all and it was my first baby. She told me that she didn't see me going into labor anytime soon. I was frustrated and angry with the stupid midwife. Who says that to a woman who is 38 weeks pregnant? Anyways, I went home and that night we had dinner at my mother and father in law's house. It was meatballs and ravioli. So delicious!!! I went to bed that night with a new resolve. I told God that if he wanted me to believe that I was in labor, he was going to have to prove it. I wouldn't believe it until my water broke. I wasn't having any contractions anyways, so I figured the midwife was right, It probably wasn't going to happen anytime soon! Little did I know...

No comments: