A sister is a little bit of childhood that can never be lost. ~Marion C. Garretty

A sister is a little bit of childhood that can never be lost.
~Marion C. Garretty

Friday, July 17, 2009

A look at the past: July 17, 2005

Four years ago today I woke up still pregnant. It was a Sunday morning and I was so ready to have my first baby. We got up and went to church like always. While there I told the VBS director that since I wasn't going to be working anymore and obviously wasn't having the baby anytime soon that I would come up during the coming week and help out wherever she needed me. We went to Olive Garden for lunch after church and had soup, salad and breadsticks-one of my favorites while I was pregnant. My best friend Pam joined us. It was delicious and I was looking forward to my favorite part-the cold hard Andes mint chocolate waiting for us at the end of the meal with our check. Well, guess what, our waitress forgot to bring them with our check. So, we waited. But she forgot to bring them when she brought back the credit card reciept. I was so annoyed (as pregnant women sometimes get quite easily towards the end of a pregnancy). I really really REALLY wanted that mint. I refused to leave until I had it, but the waitress hadn't walked by again. I think Mike even offered to go to the store and buy me a box of them if we could just leave, but I wanted that mint then and there. I think we only waited about 5 minutes or so, but it seemed like so much longer. Finally, I got her attention and she brought them. I am almost positive she thought we were freaks! Anyways, that night at church we had a VBS sign up fellowship dinner to get people signed up. I was miserable. It was hot, the church had no air conditioning and I was having contractions. Only, I didn't want to tell anyone because I was sure they would go away. So, on the way home my mom and Mike decided to try driving down a bumpy road to see if that would get my labor started. I was miserable in the back seat, bouncing up and down now. At that point I told them that I had been having contractions. We went home and started timing them. They were still inconsistent, but some were 5 minutes apart and some were more. I took a shower and decided to try and get some sleep. The last thing I remember that night was laying in bed with Mike timing contractions. I did not go into labor on July 17th. I would stay pregnant at least another day.

1 comment:

Pam said...

Aw, I remember that day! I felt so bad for you! You were obviously miserable.