A sister is a little bit of childhood that can never be lost. ~Marion C. Garretty

A sister is a little bit of childhood that can never be lost.
~Marion C. Garretty

Sunday, July 19, 2009

A look at the past: July 19, 2005

2:15 in the morning I woke up needing to use the bathroom as most hugely pregnant women do. I came to get back into bed and as I went to climb up, felt like I had to pee again. Frustrated I turned to go back towards the bathroom and as I did, my water broke. I woke Mike up out of a dead sleep. He didn't know which way his head was. We called the midwife and she told us to come on in so they could check to make sure that the cord didn't slip out as her head had not engaged yet. We went in and quickly found out that Mary Kate was breech. In other words, we had to have a C-section. Not the birth we had planned, but at that point I didn't care. I wanted to meet my baby. At 8:03 AM on Tuesday July 19th, 2005, we met our precious baby girl for the first time. Mary Katelyn Borghese, 7lb. 8oz., 20 in. and a full head of dark hair. Happy 4th birthday baby! I love you so much!

No comments: