A sister is a little bit of childhood that can never be lost. ~Marion C. Garretty

A sister is a little bit of childhood that can never be lost.
~Marion C. Garretty

Saturday, February 12, 2011

Take the Cake!

So, one of my "hobby" or maybe more accurately "interests" is making cakes.  I LOVE LOVE LOVE it!  I don't actually consider myself very artistic, but something about fondant just brings out every artistic bone in my body!  Usually I just make them for my girls' birthdays and if a friend asks.  Lately I have had the opportunity to make a couple cakes for people as a side business.  It has been really exciting.  About a month ago I made a pregnant belly cake for an old coworker and this coming weekend I will be making a 5 tier Fancy Nancy inspired 1st birthday cake for a sweet little 1 year old girl and the same day I will be making a Super Mario Brothers inspired birthday cake for a 4 year old boy.  I am super excited!  And I will post pictures next week.  I am going to leave you with a couple of pictures of some cakes I have made over the past 2 years!  Enjoy!
My first fondant cake ever...a princess cake for my oldest princess!

Made this one for a friend of a friend for her 30th birthday.
Surprise birthday cake for one of my best friends




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You are good at what you do...I can't wait to see the 5 tier one :) And, I might have you do the Mario one for Gabe next year!